Despite most of my favorite subreddits reopening, I can’t in good conscience continue to use Reddit. The whole community might not totally move, but I hope this can be our own little happy corner.

In the spirit of simplicity, I’ve actually been enjoying the slow roll of new posts on my subscribed feed. I know this might not be forever, but I’m enjoying it for now. I realized I’ve been following too many subs that I don’t care about anymore. So it’s been nice to have a fresh start too!

• Lazycog@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Agreed! My last reddit comment was on simpleliving before deleting my account there. So happy we got the same mod from r/simpleliving too ❤️

• inasaba@lemmy.mlM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Thank you for joining!

I couldn’t let the community go down with the ship, so to speak. This place may be a small life raft in comparison, but it’s our life raft.

Also, if anyone has suggestions for a community icon or banner, I’d love to hear them! The one I made for Reddit obviously wouldn’t work here, since it featured a Snoo.

• Kindymycin@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I think it might be neat for the icon to be a simple (obviously) scene with some things people most often mentioned in those fun posts from r/simpleliving where someone asks, “what brings you joy in some living” or “what do you do to live a simple life.” A cartoon of a sunrise, a hill green, with a tree and flower dots perhaps? Though, I know for me simple living means a strong connection to nature, but that’s not universal of course. For any it’s a cozy place, a warm blanket, a cup of coffee, and a good book. For others it means leaving a life of excess to living a scaled down life in a small dwelling, fewer expenses, and focusing on friendships and experiences.

Perhaps it’s worth starting a separate discussion on what we view as the core tenets of simple living and find what themes unite everyone’s interpretation of simple living to gain inspiration for an icon 😁

Sorry, I guess this wasn’t really a straightforward suggestion lol. How about a sky blue circle with a yellow circle overlaying the blue circle near the top and color the bottoms 1/3 ff the blue filled circle a grass green color. So it’s looks like the ground, sky, and sun 🌞