• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Arguably most exciting out of AMD’s slew of Computex 2024 announcements is finally making official the Ryzen 9000 “Granite Ridge” processors built atop the new Zen 5 cores.

The Zen 5 core is bringing improved branch prediction accuracy and latency, higher throughput with wider pipelines and vectors, and a deeper window size.

The flagship SKU announced at Computex is the AMD Ryzen 9 9950X that is 16 cores / 32 threads with a 5.7GHz boost frequency and 80MB L2+L3 cache while having a 170 Watt TDP.

With the Ryzen 9000 series also comes the new X870/X870E chipsets as a new option while existing AM5 motherboards with a BIOS flash can work with the new processors.

Stay tuned for Linux performance tests and benchmarks of these new AMD Ryzen 9000 series (Zen 5) desktop processors.

AMD isn’t announcing any 3D V-Cache “X3D” processor models yet based on Zen 5 but will likely do so in the months ahead.

The original article contains 404 words, the summary contains 157 words. Saved 61%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!