• Treczoks@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    24 days ago

Why on earth would a prison allow a prisoner to broadcast a speech?

Put him in an orange jump suit already and let him bust rocks with a sledge hammer.

• Seasoned_Greetings@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 days ago

Because prisons are for poor people. If it happens, he’ll end up in a “prison resort” that has all the amenities he wants on the technicality that he can’t leave.

• kiljoy@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      22 days ago

My favorite neolib is the one that is for prison reform but wants rampant prison abuse for people they don’t like.

• Draedron@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      22 days ago

So the EU has a member of the parliament who is in prison for membership of a criminal organization (which commited murder). He was still allowed to travel to Brussels and Strasbourg for his work. Really messed up. But I can imagine the US doing something similiar with trump. The guy is called Ioannis Lagos if you want to look it up.

• Treczoks@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        22 days ago

IIRC, he was allowed to travel to Brussels and Strasbourg only before he was convicted in 2020. Right after he was convicted, his immunity as a delegate of the EU parliament had been lifted, he was extradicted to Greece, and he is now in prison. He still gets paid as a MEP, though. I hope nobody is stupid enough to vote for him again this Sunday.

• poprocks@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 days ago

Bust rocks with those tiny hands? Maybe a toothbrush to scrub the toilets might be more appropriate.

• kiljoy@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      22 days ago

My favorite neolib is the one that is usually for prison reform but wants rampant prison abuse for people they don’t like.

• kandoh@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 days ago

I just remember when Trump’s DOJ put together those posse groups to roll up on people protesting during the BLM stuff. All of them were either from ICE or prison corrections. They’re entirely in the pocket of the GOP.