• Moghul@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      22 days ago

If the temptation gets to be too much, Ratatoskr has a 5 minute spoiler free video about some things you can expect to see. No mention of the story, who the bosses are, etc. Just some soul level recommendations, some new weapon info, boss count, map density and dlc size. Hope that tides you over.

• steeznson@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    22 days ago

The level requirement is offputting! I’ll need to progress another 50+ levels in the base game to be able to play this DLC. Maybe this is a sign that I ought to finish the main game (or at least get much closer to the end) before jumping on the hype train and grabbing this DLC!

• Fushuan [he/him]@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      22 days ago

Nah not really, you need to kill a main boss where you should be around that level anyway to enter the area itself. This would be quite late game if no skips are used whatsoever. But yeah, try to finish the main game before going for the dlc because you won’t really be able to play it for a while haha

• SurpriZe@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    22 days ago

Least popular build for a total newbie, but one that can still succeed at least 30% of the time? So, bad but uber fun. Any recommendations?

• pkmkdz@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      22 days ago

Dunno if popular, never read guides but mine build got pretty cheesy

• Str or dex, health and stamina

• Two Str / dex - scaled one handed weapons (there are ashes that convert damage scaling AND add elemental damage)

• Medium armor

• Shield just in case for archers

• For mobs - offence is best defense

• For bosses - offence + fire / lightning

Edit: I’m assuming we’re talking base game, not dlc