• KISSmyOSFeddit@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    21 days ago

a new system that gives drivers a short burst of additional battery power when within one second of the car in front

Thanks, I hate it.

• BlackEco@lemmy.blackeco.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      21 days ago

Nice graphic from The Race but I feel like scale is a little bit mismatched. The 2026 car should be slightly bigger, the size of the rear wheels don’t match perfectly.

• safesyrup@lemmy.hogru.ch
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    21 days ago

While i find the new engine regulations stupid because they will be less thermally efficient, i like the design shown here because they look like compact gokarts :D

• HSR@lemmy.dbzer0.com🏴‍☠️@lemmy.dbzer0.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      21 days ago

I also think the engine changes are very questionable, but with so many brilliant engineers trying to make these cars go fast, I still have some hope left. On the other hand, it would be quite a spectacular failure from FIA if 2026 cars are as slow as some people worry.

• TheMalWare@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      21 days ago

Probably due to the front wing then, because they’re barely smaller in dimensions unfortunately, plus only 4% lighter

• LaKris@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    20 days ago

“Active aerodynamics in the form of moveable front and rear wings to allow for closer racing”

I’m very exited about this change! This is something I have been waiting for, as it not only will provide faster lap times, but also potentially improve overtaking, and decrease tire wear when closely following another car, depending on how complex they will allow the system to be.