• ironsoap@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    24 days ago

Lines Boeing does not want on it’s investor reports, especially after the FAA has been hounding them.

** June 6, 1:27 p.m. ET: ** Starliner’s docking has not gone smoothly, the spacecraft developed trouble with its reaction control system thrusters.

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    24 days ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Boeing is testing its capsule’s ability to transport crews to the International Space Station (ISS), with Starliner set to dock to the orbital lab on Thursday.

As a result, NASA astronaut Butch Wilmore had to assume manual control of the crew capsule for a while before it went back into its autonomous mode.

Starliner is scheduled to autonomously dock to the forward-facing port of the space station’s Harmony module at approximately 12:15 p.m. on June 6, where it will remain for about a week.

The two astronauts will provide a virtual tour of the Starliner capsule from space, which will be broadcast live on Saturday, June 8 at 8:50 a.m. on NASA TV.

It’s been a struggle for Boeing to reach this stage with its Starliner program, which has been marred by technical hiccups and delays over the past few years.

“We are going to take it one step at a time, putting Starliner through its paces, and remaining vigilant until Butch and Suni safely touch down back on Earth at the conclusion of this test flight.”

The original article contains 600 words, the summary contains 177 words. Saved 70%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!