• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆@lemmy.mlOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    22 days ago

That’s a weird way to say that literal fascists run the government and the military, and that they’ve been doing ethnic cleansing in eastern Ukraine, but I guess we’ve already established that you’re an utterly dishonest person. Bye.

• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆@lemmy.mlOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        22 days ago

You sure are. I provided actual sources from mainstream western media that back everything I’m saying. You’ve just been regurgitating talking points you’ve memorized this whole time while ignoring the facts. You’re not fooling anybody here fam.

• DragonTypeWyvern@midwest.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          22 days ago

Oh yeah, the anti-imperialism talking points handed out by fucking CNN lol, everyone knows they’re hard-line antifa.

Hey, how many people have died in this invasion, and how many means of production has it seized for the proletariat?

And on a scale of Fascist Propaganda to Genuine Democracy, how would you rate the validity of the vote to confirm the Anschluss? Compared to Crimean annexation which also featured armed occupation military overseeing the open votes? And a 97% agreement, lmao, like 5% of the population won’t vote no on anything just to be assholes.

• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆@lemmy.mlOP
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            22 days ago

You’re literally justifying US imperialism and NATO expansion here.

Hey, how many people have died in this invasion, and how many means of production has it seized for the proletariat?

Weird straw man that has nothing to do with anything I said.

And on a scale of Fascist Propaganda to Genuine Democracy, how would you rate the validity of the vote to confirm the Anschluss? Compared to Crimean annexation which also featured armed occupation military overseeing the open votes? And a 97% agreement, lmao, like 5% of the population won’t vote no on anything just to be assholes.

Let’s just look at a few facts about Crimea from a US government study. First thing to note is that it was never part of Ukraine proper. US government referred to it as the Autonomous Republic of Crimea. Second thing to note is that majority of the people in Crimea do not consider themselves Ukrainian, and the biggest demographic considers themselves Russian:

Maybe learn a bit of history of how USSR cobbled Ukraine together, and where its respective parts come from, and who lives there instead of making a clown of yourself here?

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              22 days ago

Regurgitating memorized talking points indeed, lol. I know you’re too smart to honestly complain about NATO “expansionism” while also spouting irredentism.

• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆@lemmy.mlOP
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                22 days ago

I’m not spouting that at all, try engage with what’s actually being said to you. Are you claiming Stoltenberg was lying when he said NATO expansionism was the reason, why do you think he would lie about that? Why was Russia fine with Ukraine doing its thing until the coup happened? At least try to come up with a narrative that make a bit of sense here.

link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  22 days ago

I understand what you claim to believe.

What I don’t understand is why you think it would matter even if it was completely true, given it would still be two fascist empires fighting over territory and crushing the people underfoot.

The only “right” side when capitalists fight is that of the defender, because even capitalists have the right to self defense.

• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆@lemmy.mlOP
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    22 days ago

It’s not what I claim to believe it’s what the head of NATO openly admits, and what western media has been reporting on in great detail. Meanwhile, what you’re doing by equating Russia with fascism is a form of holocaust denial. Claiming that Ukraine is simply defender here requires ignoring all the context for the conflict and what the regime in Ukraine has been doing to people of Donbas. Seeing how comfortable you are with ethnic cleansing, seems to me that it’s clear who the actual fascist is.