this community showed up for me and i’m so confused even after reading the posts and comments, thanks!

i didn’t saw any rule against off topic posts, but if my post is breakin some rule, sorry

• Bitchwhiskers@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    19 days ago

Don’t apologize to us, lol most of a barely know what we are doing yet :) thx for asking.

I think “snark” title can be a tad misleading too bc this group has become much more than that. We do snark but we try to not be brutal about it. We mostly think she’s an attractive woman with a normal body. But she filters herself to high. Heaven and gaslights everyone about it and it’s kind of a mind fuck.

People who start to see thru her BS Google things about SNL/TBP and many found the Reddit sun. There were SO many people who showed up and were like “omg I thought I was going crazy” “she started making me feel bad about myself” etc.

We are almost a hybrid support group/detective group at this point.

• Vilian@lemmy.caOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      19 days ago

thanks for the answer!

Don’t apologize to us, lol most of a barely know what we are doing yet :)

i want to help keep the toxicity low, and not spam new communities or give the impression that new people aren’t welcome :b

• MoonChild@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    20 days ago

S is a social media influencer who’s made a lot of money and gained a lot of followers over the years by showcasing what she says society sees as body flaws. She says she’s 100 per cent unfiltered and doesn’t have any fillers or Botox (except for migraines). This isn’t true since she presents a different face and body almost daily. She’s caused a lot of people here to feel badly about themselves because she says she’s a size 12 but often looks like she’s a 4-6. Janette is a journalist who has recently started calling her out on her lies. S sent J a cease and desist letter that was baseless and J has neither ceased or desisted. Hope this helps.

To sum up - she’s problematic on many levels and is deceiving people and now she’s trying to silence the voices of people who have left her cult and want to hold her to account

• okstranger@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      19 days ago

Let’s not forget to mention the constant plagiarism and stealing the ideas of others. She plagiarized two websites word for word and then blamed and fired her BIPOC staff person. She is disgusting. She said she would address it “head on” and she never did. She just tried to conceal the truth and her staff person was the fall guy. Janette Ewen has many posts on this.

• MoonChild@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        19 days ago

There’s a post here with receipts of the plagiarism on another thread! It will never be forgotten

• urfriendjen@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    20 days ago

…just a wee add-on to MoonChild’s to explain why you’re seeing us all of a sudden…Originally there was a 6000+ strong sub dedicated to snark, analysis and investigation of S, aka TPB, aka birdy etc. S didn’t like this and in addition to the cease and desist she also managed to have the sub shut down. After a couple of days of trying to start new subs and getting banned repeatedly the mods came here.

Janette Ewan is wonderful. Check out her IG if you’re interested in her coverage of the story.

• Meepmeep@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    19 days ago

Just wanted to mention also that she said in a podcast how consent sucks because she wanted to breastfeed her husband, he didn’t want to, and she said he should just do it for her.

That is what turned me off of her.

She also posts her baby/child excessively on instagram, and talks about her other kids personal issues.

Every single thing she does gets posted on social media like if her pants leave a mark on her body or if she has a dark mark on her armpit.

She filters herself to oblivion, you can see some posts on here with pictures but it’s actually extremely wild.

• Vilian@lemmy.caOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      19 days ago

Just wanted to mention also that she said in a podcast how consent sucks because she wanted to breastfeed her husband, he didn’t want to, and she said he should just do it for her.

urg this is fucked, bit sad that this can be said public without repercution too