Hey everyone,

I am looking for an alternative for OneNote for Linux. A clone would be perfect, the interface of it and the ability to paste pictures into a very wide notes field is great. Please help me!

• LordChaos82
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I selfhost my Joplin server and use the clients on my Linux desktop, my windows laptop, iphone and Android. It is definitely one of my favorite selfhosted apps. To prevent any issues with sync, the first thing I do when I open the app is to click the Sync button and do the same when I close the app at the end of the day. This way I ensure that I am always working with the latest version. It has not failed me so far, considering I am a very heavy user and have quite a few notes running at any given day.

• Big Lanids@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

And I’m another who self hosts Joplin. My wife and I use it on our desktops and mobile devices. We specifically switched to it from One Note and it’s been perfect for our use!

I used it extensively as I was writing (I’m an author) to make notes about things I needed to go back and correct, or an idea to incorporate, etc.

• radau@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Interesting I didn’t know you could even host a server for it. I use Joplin with local files and nextcloud to sync them I’ll have to check that out