• XEAL@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    19 days ago

Morgan’s 10-year-old son was holding the racquet when the accident occurred. He reportedly asked his father "how we could ever be happy again,” according to the pastor’s blog.

A 10 year old talking like that? So much BS?

• CatZoomies@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      19 days ago

Children are smarter than you realize. I used to be an elementary teacher many years ago, and they have the capacity to ask some thought-provoking and intelligent questions for their age. Children also tend to be honest when they express their emotions and how they’re feeling. I’d expect a 10 year old to ask a provocative question like this, especially when they’re grappling with their feelings and trying to understand such a life-altering event.

However, children can also be stupid, just like adults.

• BambiDiego@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      19 days ago

Generally, smart, insightful adults were once smart, insightful children, just with less practice and experience.

Some kids will absolutely ask very nuanced questions, especially when their entire worldview is shattered, like feeling responsible for the death of someone they loved and never thought about them dying.

• Solivine@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      19 days ago

Tbh I believe a 10 year old said that more than an adult, like imagine how bad it’d be if one of the parents said that.