• Haggunenons@lemmy.worldOPM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    21 days ago

Oh yeah! These things are great. We’ve had a few posts in here about them. I know some people debate whether or not the dogs really understand what they are doing. Sometimes people will say that they are just filming so much and sharing the most impressive videos. I don’t know though, there are certainly some really convincing ones.

I wonder if anyone is working on any sort of AI tutor for dogs with this idea.

• Maalus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      21 days ago

They do understand. I have a cat that talks with buttons. I try to count the amount of nonsense vs actual needs, and it is around 70% something understandable (i.e. “food” when hungry, “litterbox” when it’s dirty (and it needs to be really dirty for him - like a day old), treats (when I press okay he runs to his treat spot) or “let’s play”). More examples include “now” and “later”, where he presses two buttons, then when asked clarifies about one of those things. I.e. let’s play, pet me, I ask which he goes either “let’s play now” or “pet me later” etc. It needs a lot of consistency though.