I’m passionate about creating icons for open source projects, and I noticed that the current icon leans more towards being an illustration rather than an icon. So, I decided to give it a try using Inkscape - what do you think?

• Dieguito 🦝@feddit.itM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    20 days ago

A little late at night, but I think I finally managed to do it, see here. The new icon will be the default choice but the old one is still available for users who want the “classic” style.

The splash screen and notification icon have been changed as well. And, naturally, I’ve updated also the image & banner here on Lemmy too.

• Dieguito 🦝@feddit.itM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    21 days ago

Wow! That is amazing! 🤩 If you guys like it and the author gives me permission to do so (I’ll add some credits section in the app too) it can be integrated, of course.

• Jilanico@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    21 days ago

Looks great! What if you simplified it even more? (apologies for the hack job, I did this on my phone)

• Eyedust@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      21 days ago

I like the idea to nix the eyelashes; it seems more like the beady eyes of a raccoon that way. I really enjoy the ears though, and it wouldn’t really seem like a raccoon without them.

• Ashyr@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    21 days ago

I don’t know what raccoon is, but if it’s even remotely as good looking as this icon, I want to use it.