I sweat a lot when I exercise. After an hour of running at medium intensity (~150bpm avg HR) in 20°C @ 50% humidity, I am literally drenched in sweat. I can wring my clothes and sweat will pour from it. It’s difficult to find clothes that are comfortable to wear for my long trips.

• snekerpimp@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    19 days ago

You don’t want the fabric to wick the sweat away, you want it to evaporate off your skin, which it does very efficiently, and take the heat with it. Wet cotton is an insulator and will make you overheat.

• ExcessShiv@lemmy.dbzer0.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      19 days ago

I do wear these “sweat wicking” clothes, but it doesn’t evaporate even remotely as fast as I sweat. Sweat is literally just absorbed by my so-called “sweat wicking” clothes like someone sprayed me with a water gun.

Do you have some brands to recommend? Or material? One of my biggest issues is that the wet fabric of my tights starts chafing in my groin area.

• snekerpimp@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        19 days ago

Most of what is use says adidas, puma, the outdoorsman or Columbia on them, and they all say 100% poly. For underwear I use Duluth trading’s armachillo boxer briefs, and I do not have a material list on those.