Kicking off this evening’s Xbox showcase, we got a look at Doom: The Dark Ages, and oh my days, it looks awesome.

“Before he became a hero,” the video begins, “he was the super weapon of gods and kings.” And what a super weapon he was. But, don’t let me tell you. You can check out Doom: The Dark Ages’ reveal trailer for yourself below.

Doom: The Dark Ages will serve as a prequel to 2016’s Doom and Doom Eternal. It is described as a single-player action FPS that “tells the epic cinematic origin story of the Doom Slayer’s rage”, and of course, it is being developed by id Software.

• Katana314@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    20 days ago

You and me, man. Prequels are what they do when they’ve given someone a satisfying conclusion but still want more of him/her in media.

Or, in the case of Black Widow, an unsatisfying conclusion. Don’t forget, you don’t get to surprise kill any connected characters.

• Evotech@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      20 days ago

Yeah, new character introduced that isn’t in the main series? Well they’re either irrelevant or dead.

I guess going back a few thousand years could be more interesting. But even then…