Do people still hand out physical business cards at events or is it all digital now?

i should have asked before ordering 50, lol

EDIT:

Thank you for all the replies, I’ve got the answer I need but I’ll add some more information just in case anyone wants to know.

• I’m based in Europe and not Japan
  • I’m working as a videographer and trying to build a film company
  • I plan on doing more event coverage so I’ll bring them with to quickly hand out my contact details.
  • The card has the following: Busines name, my name, phone number, email, and website.
  • I had thought about adding my social media but couldn’t find a nice way to do it that matched the rest of the card.

EDIT 2: just now realised I didn’t complete the last sentence of the last bullet point

• noughtnaut@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    17 days ago

I carry some because it’s no longer a thing. My card has only the information that I know will not change: my name, email address, and mobile phone number. On the back there’s a QR code (which contrasts the otherwise vintage look).

I hand out perhaps one per month so not super often, and many times the most appropriate thing to do is to simply tell people my phone number. But sometimes, especially when we’re in a situation where phones are not nearby, it’s quite effective to hand over a pre-made card with that info.

The average reaction is “Oh, cool” so even if they toss it once they’ve copied the info (which, tbh, is my expectation) it will still have made the exchange slightly out of the ordinary.

Plus, sometimes they’re useful to stop a table from rattling, or leave a message for someone who’s not currently present, and so on.