• thingsiplay@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    14 days ago

I always forget Firefox has a builtin screenshot tool. It’s actually super handy, as it recognizes parts of the website by just mouse hover it, such as blocks of code.

• thingsiplay@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        13 days ago

The only thing I miss it has was an automatic save function after taking a screenshot. This would allow for combining (with a script) the output (file) with another tool (such as editing or uploading to a specific service). But that’s just a nitpick from my side, because of my personal workflow.

Edit: Well I have another great idea how to improve the screenshot utility! It should bet able to hold Ctrl-key on the keyboard, while clicking multiple elements. Just like selecting files in the file browser. And Shift-key to specify a range of clicked areas. Just for the icing on the cake!

• governorkeagan@lemdro.id
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      13 days ago

I only found it recently and it’s saved me so much time with being able to take screenshots of whole web page elements.

• urska@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    14 days ago

Whats that feature that groups tabs together for a better workflow that a few other web browsers have? Anyhow is Firefox working on that?

• peskywarrior@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        12 days ago

Right now on Firefox for Android (I use it on macOS, Windows, Linux, and iOS without issue) I’m only able to sign into websites requiring passkeys with my on-device or Google account passkeys. I can’t sign in using my 1Password passkeys like I do on all the other platforms. There was a bug fix I was watching the status of (got fixed a few weeks or a month ago) that should be included in the next Firefox release (128), fixing this annoying issue :-)

As far as what passkeys are, it’s basically password-less logins: https://passkeys.io and https://passkeys.dev