Caveat: when the article mentions the “dominant hand” and “non-dominant hand” they really just mean “right hand” and “left hand”. These knitting styles do not adjust to your personal handedness. So I guess you can read it as written if you’re right-handed, but if you’re left-handed this was not written with you in mind.

• Remy Rose@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    17 days ago

I’m left-handed, and for some reason for me personally, Portuguese style has always been easiest to adapt that way. Might just be me though.

• Ensign_Rutherford@startrek.website
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    17 days ago

Thanks for sharing this, I didn’t know about some of these and always fun to learn more.

I’ve tried Portuguese, continental and English but stayed with continental. Getting purls down with even tension and not hurting my wrist took some time but got there in the end

• Flughoernchen@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    16 days ago

TIL I’m actually knitting Russian? Didn’t know there was a distinction between regular continental and my tight way. But knowing that might help varying tension for different projects.

• catsdoingcatstuff@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    15 days ago

Portuguese style looks really interesting! I learned to knit after learning to crochet, so I’ve only ever gotten the hang of continental.