• molave@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    16 days ago

It’s really funny. Real alpha males don’t care if you wear a rainbow or not.

• Phegan@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      15 days ago

Real alpha males don’t exist. The study on wolves having alphas have been proven wrong my most.othet subsequent studies.

• Tlaloc_Temporal@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        15 days ago

Well…

Alpha wolves definitely don’t exists, but there is support for “alpha” behaviour in primates, particularly chimpanzees.

“Alpha” is still a stupid and harmful idea, but it’s not without precedent.

• Phegan@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          15 days ago

They also found in other chimpanzees that alphas don’t exist. I think we are both in agreement that it’s a stupid construct to apply to humans though.

• Auzy@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      15 days ago

And the biggest badasses I know also drive some of the crappiest cars and such too.

When more hilariously, here in Australia, I do a lot of hiking and such, and the badasses these days tend to be women. There’s a lot of macho guys who talk big, but I’ve done some scary hikes with elderly women and a woman with Parkinson’s.

The guys and women i.know who do the most crazy stuff also tend to be the most friendly people