What LGBTQ+ topic do you wish more people knew about? This could be a queer icon, a piece of history, knowledge about certain labels, specific philosophy topics (or notable philosopher), art, or anything else. Also if there are topics that you wish specific sub populations had greater access to or knowledge of, feel free to qualify (for example, you might wish there was greater knowledge about a specific cultural gender to all cultures which don’t have exposure to this gender, or a desire for your local gay community to be more educated on a topic important to you).

• Gaywallet (they/it)@beehaw.org
          shield
          OPM
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          14 days ago

It was removed on purpose and you decided it was best to re-post it? congrats on catching a temp ban

If your content is removed, it violated the rules. That means you need to change your behavior.

• Sas [she/her]@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          15 days ago

This is like saying “not all men” when someone complains about the majority of men. It’s not bad communication. No one ever means every single man or in this case every single cis person with such a statement and it’s not trans people being bad communicators that’s the problem here.

• Kacarott@feddit.de
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            14 days ago

To be honest, it comes across as bad communication to me. If you mean “some people” or even “some cis people”, then why not say that? The way you say it sounds like all, or almost all cis people don’t understand, which I think is presumptuous and untrue. Pretty much every cis person I know would understand those to be gender affirming care. Just because some people (especially those in power) don’t seem to understand that doesn’t justify making it a generalisation.

Thats probably not how you meant it, I just want to point out how it comes across to at least some people, which might imply it isn’t the best communication.

• Sas [she/her]@beehaw.org
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              15 days ago

Your lil gotcha doesn’t really work here. You did “not all cis” to an argument about the majority of cis people while then posting an argument about the majority of trans people to which i did a “not the majority of trans people reply”