For some reason my iPhone is called “iPhone (2)” and that bothers me to no end. But i can’t find the way to rename it, the name can’t be clicked and no textbox appears.

This phone was given to me by my employer. Do they have the power to restrict this?

• Dmian@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Yes. IT departments can install profiles in a phone that restrict what you can do with it. You probably have one of these profiles installed in your phone.

• berkeleyblue@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

You can check Settings -> General -> VPN & Device Managment to see if profiles are installed. If you tap on a profile it has a tab called restrictions. There’s everything your employer blocked.

Alternatively, you might have blocked it accidentally yourself. For this go to Settings -> Screen Time -> Content & Privacy Restrictions.

Make sure you have all settings on allow here. In case one isn’t on allow, you might have to first activate the toggle at the top „Content & Privacy Restrictions“ turn the missing thing to allow and then dissable the toggle again if you don’t plan on using it on other features.

Hope this helps. If it’s managed, talk to your IT folks if this doesn’t work and with Apple Support if it isn’t managed.

• Wispy2891@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I finally found the setting, thanks for letting me know

There are a lot of artificial limitations that they put and then I just thought it was my iPhone defective.

Handoff disabled, no notification on lock screen, forced fraud warning on safari and many infuriating settings… 🤨