After another drone attack on Russia’s capital this morning, Ukrainian military intelligence told Kyiv Post there is a “certain justice” in how Moscow’s residents are feeling.

• kescusay@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Bringing the war home for the insulated people living in Moscow may be the thing that finally causes the Russian people to reject the war. Sadly, I have my doubts. They are so thoroughly beaten down with propaganda, it’s possible they’ll assume it’s unprovoked aggression.

• rockSlayer@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

What was the target? I agree that there’s a sense of vindication, but answering war crimes with war crimes makes 2 war criminals, not justice.

Edit: I’m genuinely asking what the target was. If it was a military target, then good. However if it was a civilian target, then it’s a war crime and we should not be celebrating.

Edit 2: So we’re seriously breaking out the superpatriotism for a country most of us aren’t even citizens in?

• Hawke@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

It was a warehouse at a Zagorsk optics factory.

The company stated that the factory was currently manufacturing “pyrotechnics”

• awwwyissss@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I haven’t seen a single time Ukraine has targeted civilians this entire war. This feels like the typical Trump/Kremlin “just asking questions” disinformation

• rockSlayer@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Most of the war has been in Ukraine. At what point did they have a situation where they could strike Russian citizens, before these drone strikes in Russia? I’m not making accusations. I’m being vigilant to potential violence against citizens.

• awwwyissss@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

…are you serious? Ukraine might have the most powerful military in Europe right now, and they share a massive border with Russia regardless of the war.

If they wanted to terrorize Russians like the Kremlin is doing to Ukrainians, it would be easy.

• rockSlayer@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

It seems to me like you’re confusing combatants and civilians. Don’t worry, Russia does that too.