Vladimir Putin has demanded that Kyiv cede more land, withdraw troops deeper inside its own country, and drop its Nato bid in order for him to end Russia’s war in Ukraine.

Putin’s fresh ceasefire demands were issued as envoys from more than 90 countries, including Ukraine, convene in Switzerland this weekend to discuss a western-led peace plan. Russia is not invited to the conference and the president’s remarks on Friday were likely to have been timed as a spoiler to that summit.

Speaking with diplomats at the Russian foreign ministry, Putin publicly updated his terms for ending the war in Ukraine for the first time since he launched a full-scale invasion in February 2022, when he demanded regime change in Kyiv and the country’s “demilitarisation”.

The US defence secretary, Lloyd Austin, said Putin was in “no position” to make demands on Ukraine and could end the war he had started “today if he chose to do that.”

• FreakinSteve@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    14 days ago

Then they are fucking morons and deserve the nukes. Only feckless pussies sit there and watch the imperial force roll over a country and say “welp, cant do anything about it because they’re not our buddies!” These motherfuckers will break all kinds of “regulations” if some billionaire asks for it, so I’m not buying it. “Ukraine can join after the war” is sheer fucking insanity.

• Downcount@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 days ago

Tell me you know nothing about nuclear warfare without saying you don’t know nothing about nuclear warfare.

Either that or you really want to see the whole earth in ashes.

• FreakinSteve@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        14 days ago

No, I fully understand. I just dont act like a weak, pathetic Putin apologist telling Ukraine to fuck off when they know damn well that it doesnt stop with Ukraine. I swear to fucking Cthulhu the entire world has turned into a bunch of dormat pussies just waiting to get shoved into gas chambers.

Fuck

• ArxCyberwolf@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          14 days ago

Okay, tough guy. Why don’tcha get off of Lemmy and go fight in Ukraine? After all, someone who isn’t a doormat pussy (such as yourself) would surely love to do their part in fighting Russia…

…Right? Or are you just here to insult everyone like a raging asshole?

• redfellow@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      14 days ago

Feel free to join Ukraine as a voluntary fighter. Many have done so. Or keep spouting shit here about others. Put your money where your mouth is, Sir Feckless.

• Seasoned_Greetings@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          14 days ago

Any response other than “I already have” or “I donate resources” paints you as an armchair hypocrite who doesn’t have the credentials to understand, let alone have an opinion about this conflict.

You my friend, are the one who is adorable.

• Furball@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 days ago

Can’t do anything? Where have you been for the past 2 years? The west has lead the most massive material aid program since world war 2