• IsThisAnAI@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    13 days ago

Lololol what? Utilizing down time? You’ve made that up. They were lying about working.

This is pure fuck around and find out. These fuck faces are ruining WFH for everyone.

• manicdave@feddit.ukOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      13 days ago

The article doesn’t say anything about productivity or targets. They got as much done as someone who manually wiggles the mouse while thinking instead of going for a walk while thinking.

• IsThisAnAI@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        13 days ago

Then you should negotiate a value based salary and not agree to work 40 hours then commit fraud.

This is fraud. Very simple.

You’ve also assumed the queues were empty which is not likely the case.

• soloner@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      13 days ago

Sorry you’re getting downvoted… I read the article as well and yeah- You’re totally right. This is BS rage bait that isn’t even warranted against Wells Fargo.

I have 2 coworkers who do the same thing and it is pretty damn irritating cuz they’re on my team, and I legitimately cannot rely on them on a day to day basis to be around to do their job. So I understand the frustration. This shit does ruin WFH for everyone else, directly or indirectly.

• uriel238@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      13 days ago

A company spokesperson said: “Wells Fargo holds employees to the highest standards and does not tolerate unethical behaviour.”

Wells Fargo has been notoriously inconsistent.

I’m going to assume the workers were being over-monitored, and disallowed from normal human activity until this is specifically ruled out by additional reports.

When a company is abusive and toxic to the point workers turn to surveillance evasion, it not only ruins that job, but makes the employee wary of future jobs. It causes social harm.

Yes, it is typical, but requiring employees to hand over personal Facebook account passwords used to be typical until the requirement was outlawed. Employers often act in bad faith, and workers commonly have to tolerate it. So distrust of companies, and of Wells Fargo in particular, is well earned.