Not just what are your autistic traits, but what are some of the silly things or compulsive things you do that you feel is unique/possibly related to your autism?

I always keep a 12’ measuring tape on me which is kind of a new thing in the past year. I fuckin love measuring things, and it makes me feel good to have JUST in case.

• ratboy@lemm.eeOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Hahaha, II love that you’re kinda faking them out even if you’re right or not lol. I used to work as a cashier, and I would always guess the weight of the vegetables/fruits before putting them on the scale/scanner thing because i love estimating that stuff too. I did it out loud once and got it almost exact and a couple customers jeard and wete impressed. So I tried a few times and the customers in line and I made a game of it and cheered or "awww"ed when I got it wrong. So fun.

I also like trying to guess the amount of something i need for recipes. Like, a recipe calls for a cup of onions, I look at the whole onions in store and based on size I imagine what it would look like diced in a measuring cup, I usually get close and its so satisfying