Just been running a hard bug mission mostly to get the daily done any samples are a welcome plus.

All 4 slots full and we were pretty spread out across the map, we complete the mission and a few of us were just finishing up the radar tower and a bug nest.

Then player 4 bee lined to the extraction called it in and jumped on the pelican despite me asking him not to on comms.

There were 3 players spread across the map with no chance of getting back so I kicked the guy.

Was I in the right for this? Do you think he learned his lesson?

• RubberDuck@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    12 days ago

Why finish the mission if you plan on scowerig the map still? The game mechanics increase the patrol spawnrate by a factor 4 once the primary mission is complete.

So no not the azshole, cause the other player was the asshole. But you do seem to foster bad habits in players…

• SpacetimeMachine@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      12 days ago

That mechanic is explained nowhere in the game. Why the hell would people not guarantee that they finish the mission at least if they didn’t know that? You can’t expect people to know hidden mechanics like that. And who cares about extra patrols even? It’s not like they are hard to take out or avoid?

• RubberDuck@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        12 days ago

Hidden? Once you complete the objectives the patrols keep on rolling in. So it’s not stated in a tooltip, but it is kinda noticable.

And not hard to avoid. No, but on higher difficulty, the increased patrols make clearing the map hard. So usually you do it before.