Have you guys ever had the problem of slippery headbands or “unstable” headphones?

I have a rather big head (hat size 62 EU) and don’t like headphones with super strong clamping forces. Apparently these two factors make headphones quite prone to moving on my head and even slipping straight off.

Headphones with rubberized or “not so slick” headbands tend to stay quite well, however headbands made of nylon or similar materials don’t do such a great job.

It’s not a problem as long as I don’t move my head, but some movements like bending over are guaranteed “slip offs”.

Do you run into these problems? If so, what’s your solution? Do you glue the drivers straight to your ears?

• Lorindól@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I have a 62 EU sized head too, fitting hats and comfortable headphones have been pretty hard to find.

For what purpose are you looking the headphones? Gaming, music, watching videos? Closed, semi-open or open models? Wired or wireless?

I bought an earlier model of these ~10 years ago and they have served as reliable and very enjoyable general purpose headphones without any issues. And they have never fallen off, even though they do not clamp very hard on your head.

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/superlux/hd-681

• MucherBucher@feddit.deOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

One of my friends once made a “crown of dumb”. It was used at their summer camp to reward the dumbest action of the day for the tutors. Sadly, it never fit anyone because it was way too big, they could wear it as a necklace basically… until we recently found it in one of his moving boxes, and it fit me like a glove. Guess I’m the king of dumb now.

Anyway. I mostly wear headphones in office or while playing games, not so much music nowadays… somehow moved on to in ears for that, since headphones don’t really do as well outdoors (maybe because they don’t fit).

I’m not really looking to buy new headphones, usually I just self assemble some stupid solution. For example, one of my headphones has a piece of bicycle tubing around the headband, holds up quite well.

• yessikg@lemmy.film
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

I recommend headphones with cloth in the headband instead of faux-leather