• _NetNomad@kbin.run
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 days ago

i REALLY wish we could get a proper ending to Atlantis. i know filming season six tomorrow ain’t gonna happen but they could always do an animated movie with as many of the original cast they can back doing voiceovers. B5 did that and had an excuse plot jumping through space and time to basically just serve fanservice on a dish for the whole runtime*, and a few of the plots laid out for S6 had timespace shenanigans, so put that and Turn of Events in a blender. maybe they go back in time to when Destiny was in the milky way or pegasus and end up needing to use to beat the genii- filling the role of the asuran weapon- and they leave something behind there that could help the modern one get home, making this in essence a double finale

would i rather something far less rushed? for sure. but between actors aging and amazon less likely to spring big bucks for a continuation of a long since cancelled spinoff versus a reboot of the original, that might be one of the only ways to go. then again i’d be happy with a book series too, i just need closure damnit!

• rodneylives@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 days ago

“Be sure to read Mallozzi’s full breakdown of every episode pitch on Twitter or Reddit!”

Geez.