• Sunforged@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 days ago

You really don’t think it’s possible that I am an American citizen that is critical of our government? That neither party represents working class people and I am fed up with spending billions in our name to kill children in order to secure resources we have no right to?

Your brain can’t handle that possibility and short circuits? China is also an imperialist power, but they don’t use military power to go about it. That’s not really pertinent to this conversation though is it?

• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 days ago

I mean yeah, you could be a useful idiot instead of a professional foreign agitator. Not much difference except maybe in 10 years the useful idiot will realize how foolish they’d been.

• Sunforged@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          11 days ago

Do you view the United States as an imperialist power? Either currently or in it’s past? If in it’s past at what point do you believe it stopped behaving as an imperialist nation.

This is foundational level of understanding the world we live in and it’s history, how that history got us to the present political climate. And if you’re reaction to someone trying to have a conversation about it is to lash out like you have, then I have to ask another question.

Who is the idiot here?

• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 days ago

Doesn’t matter. I can tell you’re a Chinese agitator (or got conned by Chinese agitators) because you just…can’t help yourself. You have to start throwing in their code words. China is still early in their digital psychological warfare stage, they’re too rigidly top-down controlled. The Russians have art and style at least.

You’re trying to discuss with me whether the US is imperialist, and I’m telling you we’re past all of that. We’re past where facts matter. We’re into the meta-discussion now. You will never listen to any arguments, because your masters won’t allow it. So there’s no point arguing.

• ltxrtquq@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              11 days ago

So “imperialism” is a Chinese code word? You can’t imagine anyone else talking or thinking about imperialism without them working for the Chinese government?

You will never listen to any arguments, because your masters won’t allow it.

What arguments? You saw “imperialism” and immediately shut down, refusing to engage or say anything of substance.

We’re past where facts matter.

You’re certainly not helping.