• BmeBenji@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 days ago

What I don’t get is why Deck13 kicked ass with The Surge 2, showing they really know how to iterate and improve on a core concept really well, but now this IP was taken from them to be given to a completely different team?

TBH I didn’t play LOTF but I really just want to see Deck13 make another game like LOTF or The Surge

• Marketsupreme@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 days ago

I heard the new one was better with the updates but wow that game is bad and doesn’t feel fun at all to play. Such a shame

• learningduck@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 days ago

Personally, I like the new one over Lies of P. The transversal with the mix of the umbral and the living world feels less linear with some puzzle. Mobs are annoying, and weapons feel clunky, though.

Let’s see if I will grow to resent it more as I progress deeper.

• learningduck@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 days ago

Yeah, it’s clungy.

So far, I like that attacks are well telegraphed. Not holding for seconds, then coming down on a flash like in ER or LoP, but I haven’t even reached the second major boss yet.

• Marketsupreme@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 days ago

I think I got as far as you. I beat the huntress lady then gave up after that. Hope you get further than me and enjoy it. Maybe it’ll inspire me to pick it back up. Honestly couldn’t say no to it on gamepass.