• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 days ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Further east, “there was a lot of shingles torn off a house and a 10-by-12 garden garage was lifted and tossed into the neighbour’s yard,” while a hydro pole and many trees were twisted and broken, McMechan said.

A tree fell through the roof a house in another spot, a door on a machine shop was blown in yet another location, still heading east, and then an agribusiness had some hopper bins and augers tossed about, he said.

Another five hopper bins are caved in on one side just outside the eastern edge of town, and all along the path of the storm, vehicles were damaged by large branches that crashed down after being snapped off.

Natalie Hasell, a warning preparedness meteorologist with Environment Canada, said a weather station about 17 km north of Deloraine recorded 123 km/h winds at 1 a.m. Sunday.

Hydro posted on social media Sunday evening that prolonged outages were expected to continue to affect customers in Brandon, Killarney, Dauphin, Swan River, Neepawa, Russell, Virden and the Portage la Prairie region.

Environment Canada has issued warnings for Gillam, Shamattawa, Churchill and York, where gusts near 90 km/h were expected to start in the morning and continue through the day, peaking by mid-afternoon before tapering off in the early evening.

The original article contains 678 words, the summary contains 191 words. Saved 72%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!