Former Israeli Knesset member Moshe Feiglin quoted Adolf Hitler as he called for Israel to resettle the Gaza Strip and create a “Hebrew Gaza.”

Feiglin, who quit Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud Party to found the right-wing Zehut Party and plans to challenge Likud in Israel’s next elections, made the comments during a panel discussion on Israel’s Channel 12 that was shared on social media on Sunday, as Middle East Eye reported.

“We are not guests in our country, this is our country, all of it…” Feiglin said, adding, “As Hitler said, ‘I cannot live if one Jew is left.’ We can’t live here if one ‘Islamo-Nazi’ remains in Gaza.”

• footoro@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 days ago

Mentioned on page 94 (Chapter 4) of 10 Myths About Israel by Ilan Pappé. To be straight forward with you I couldn’t find the primary source of this statement in there but I think it’s in one of his previous books which are all referenced as sources for this chapter. In general, Pappé is considered credible by the academic community except by Zionists of course, though their opinion on this topic doesn’t count for much imo.

• homoludens@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 days ago

Internet archive is apparently somewhat of with the pages, page 94 seems to be in a different chapter there.

Scanning chapter 4 however, the only mention of collaboration with the Nazis is “[Hajj Amin al-Husayni]'s willingness to serve as a radio commentator for the Nazis and to help recruit Muslims in the Balkans to the German war effort no doubt stains his career. But he did not act any differently from the Zionist leaders in the 1930s, who themselves sought an alliance with the Nazis against the British Empire, or from all the other anticolonialist movements who wanted rid of the Empire by way of alliances with its principal enemies.” (page 65 on the archive)

This seems like a rather unspecific source for “right wing Zionist used to work with the Nazis, some of them even after the war starts.” (not to mention that njm1314 somehow forgot to mention that at least Palestinian leader also wanted an alliance with the Nazis and actually worked for/with them).

I’m starting to think that njm1314 is not as well known fact as they make it out to be…

• footoro@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 days ago

Sorry, I have the ebook and in there it’s page 94. Here are the references, as said no primary source but he’s referring to his previous books and it may just be trivial to reference at this point. But I’m not from the field and haven’t read every book of him. In general though as I said he is considered credible by the academic community except Zionists.

The relationship of the Palestinian Mufti is also discussed in more detail in the same chapter. Highly recommend reading the whole book.

If you’re really keen on verifying this maybe just write a mail to Pappé? In my experience professors actually do answer to such questions.