Maybe the next time your neighbors smoke and do meth don’t report it because that’s a snitch move I don’t care if you don’t like the smell it’s not going to kill your gosh!

• liberaldeathsquads [they/them]@hexbear.netOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 days ago

I wouldn’t want their kids to lose a parent because I called the cops on their parents for smoking meth. I’m not evil. I’m a good person. I’m helping those children by not reporting it.

• Shinji_Ikari [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 days ago

I really feel like this is going too far on the contrarian end.

Yes foster care and care homes are bad, but I don’t think one should pretend that a child growing up in a dual meth-parent household is growing up in a safe and healthy environment.

The kid could be a lot better off with a grandparent, aunt, or uncle. The shit part is you don’t know until things are in motion.

That child is not in a good position and i think pretending like they are is the “own the chuds” equivalent to burning your shoes because a gay person wore a similar pair.

• radiofreeval [any]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 days ago

Kids in homes with meth use are substantially more likely to be sexually abused, physically abused, get diseases, burns and other physical damage. Being in a meth house is not a conducive environment for being a child. Plus secondhand exposure to meth as a child is not healthy and will often result in preteens with severe liver damage.