• Eggyhead@kbin.run
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 days ago

I would venture a guess there are at least 50 kbin users willing to pay $2 a year for a dedicated kbin/mbin app on iOS. I personally gave some money to the developer of Artemis back when she was active, but I have no idea what became of her.

Does interstellar’s developer have a donation link where I might buy him some coffee and drop a request?

• jwr1@kbin.earth
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 days ago

Thanks for the interest. So far, I’ve only had one (or maybe two) other person(s) ask about iOS support, so I haven’t really looked much into it so far.

I could set up a donation page (like GitHub sponsors), but my guess is that it would receive nowhere near the amount of an Apple Developer account ($100 a year).

I also don’t have an iPhone or Mac. I should be able to get around the Mac by using a VM (I’ve done it before), but it is a pain.

• Eggyhead@kbin.run
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 days ago

Well one or two other people doesn’t sound too promising, so I get the concern. If you do get curious, I would consider making a post on one of the main kbin magazines probing if people are interested in helping crowd-fund an apple dev account for you. $100 isn’t all that steep when a group is involved. A lot of the fediverse apps have optional in-app purchases as well that are just for tips and donations, so if you get something on the App Store, particularly if it’s the ONLY kbin app there, it might be a little easier to get it to keep itself afloat.

I don’t know anything about programming, economics, or app development though, so feel free to completely ignore me. Also, don’t do anything to make your life any more stressful than it needs to be. If you do decide to crowd-fund, however, I will be happy to toss a few bucks in for you.