Hello everyone!

Since this is the only bigger flight sim related community on Lemmy I thought my only chance was to ask the question here. Hope you don’t mind the brief off-topic discussion. If you don’t like it just delete it.

I like msfs 2020 for its graphics only and that’s it. You can practise VFR flying skills there but I don’t see the point in using it for anything else than that?

If you want a high fidelity model of an a320 or 737 go for FSX or p3dv5/6 and fslabs or PMDG respectively. It’s a little bit unfortunate that those companies didn’t release their products for msfs 2020.

Also if you want to learn flying and what it’s actually about go for FSX. It has a huge flight school with a ton of literature and training material it’s just so good. Topics like IFR are kind of well covered including VOR, ILS, Holding patterns etc. You actually learn the basics of IFR, what a VOR is, how does it work? how to tune the radios, what is an ADF? How and why does it work etc. But I guess you already know what I mean.

I miss all this stuff in msfs2020. Sure there are some very basic flight tutorials but nothing compared to FSX.

So I was wondering if FSX is the only flight sim out there that is offering an in depth flight school/ flight tutorials or are there some similar alternatives like add-ons or anything else for other sims? I tried looking it up but couldn’t find anything so I guess there’s none.