MacBook Air owner?

2018/2019 models are losing #Apple support.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/06/the-case-for-and-against-macos-15-sequoia-being-the-final-release-for-intel-macs/

#OptGreen with #GNU/#Linux to keep your device in use! These machines will run beautifully for many years to come.

Not only wallet friendly, #upcycling keeps CO2 emissions out of the atmosphere. Ca. 75% of Apple’s emissions comes from production alone (details in alt text).

Sustainable, independent #FreeSoftware: Better for users, best for the #environment.

@kde

#KDE #KDEEco #FOSS #OpenSource #MacBook

• ArcaneSlime@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 days ago

Sorry, my old Toshiba was on it’s last legs, it’s from like 2010. Good news is I’m hoping the Framework I just got will be the last and now I’ll just upgrade, because I can, for as long as 64gb of DDR5 will get me (only 32gb rn, but once ddr6 comes out and ddr5 gets cheaper it’ll be go time and extend the life until I need to upgrade the mainboard and by that time it’ll be ddr7/8/9!)

• Cort@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 days ago

I’m thinking sodimms will be retired by the time ddr6 comes out, and replaced by the camm2 standard everyone is talking about.