It has gaelic as a language option that’s pretty neat. Chinese room games usually get a lot of shit but honestly I’ve always been rather fond of them.

• MolotovHalfEmpty [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 days ago

No, me too.

Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture was honestly a gaming experience that will be with me until I die. I find it hard to explain exactly why, but I was so, so completely bought in and played the whole thing in one sitting. It feels like one of those incredibly formative acid trips that people talk about but is hard to articulate why it meant so much to them to an outsider.

I don’t expect anything like that from this, but I’m extremely in for spooky atmosphere on a North Sea oil rig given that I actually have some personal connection to that sort of thing and place in the world.

• thoro@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 days ago

Whoa! I thought they quit after Rapture for some reason. Love the two games I’ve played from them (Dear Esther and Rapture). Good to know they’re still making things.

Will have to give this a look.

• blobjim [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 days ago

Apparently the stufio is actually owned by Tencent so it’s actually Chinese-owned so that’s a plus.

From the website:

Copyright © 2024 Sumo Digital Limited t/a The Chinese Room. All rights reserved. Published and distributed by Secret Mode Limited. Secret Mode Limited is a subsidiary of Sumo Group Limited and is ultimately owned by Tencent Holdings Limited, a public company listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong (SEHK: 0700) and headquartered in China. SECRET MODE, the SECRET MODE logos and the crossed keys GLHF logo are registered trade marks of Sumo Group Limited. All other trademarks, copyrights and logos are property of their respective owners