• frobeniusnorm@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 days ago

I hate how 50% of the users here on lemmy are all about questioning the medias coverage and support of Israel but blindly cling to the other side. Hamas has been elected too and you can’t possibly think they are doing the right thing. Finally, things are not black and white. Both Hamas and the Israelian goverment commit horrific crimes and the population suffers. Blaming the people in this context would be laughable if it weren’t so sad.

• Tryptaminev@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 days ago

More than half of the people currently living in Gaza weren’t at voting age when Hamas was voted in 18 years ago. Meanwhile Israel had 9 elections in that timeframe. Also if you look at polls Israelis who are critical of Netanyahu still mostly support genocide and ethnic cleansing. They are just unhappy with how Netanyahu is managing it.

• Tryptaminev@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 days ago

Which i do not dispute at all. I just refuted the “Hamas was voted hurr durr” propaganda argument, which often comes in conjunction with “well the Israeli government isn’t the Israeli people durr hurr”, which the voting proves to be wrong too.

While Israelis arent representative of Jews in general, the Israeli government and the current genocide is representative of the current Israeli population.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 days ago

There is a line between a simile or parable and whataboutism. It is especially not whataboutism since it is connected to the subject as it concernes the war opponent and i put it into context and used it as an example for my explanation. Don’t use words you don’t understand or at least give an explanation if you accuse me of a logical fallacy.

• GeneralVincent@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 days ago

You’re really fighting for your life in these comments 🤣 maybe take a break from commenting and touch grass. You’re not getting downvotes on every single comment because everyone here is a dumb MAGA pro-israel Zionist. Your arguments are just flawed

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 days ago

Again, if you accuse me of such a thing, please give an explanation. I explained every problem i had in detail and context. If all you are going to do is a “uhuh i have no arguments but keep quiet” this is not worth my time.