Honestly this is absurd. These death machines shouldn’t be legal in europe. That thing doesn’t even fit in the parking space, even though the parking lot has the biggest spaces in the whole city. The Golf Polo is so small in comparison, it could even hide in front of the engine hood of the truck.

EDIT: It’s a Polo and not a Golf, I don’t know my cars, sorry for that!

• Lifter
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

So everyone agrees then?

The only difference between you two is that you have different beliefs about the owners of these vehicles.

I also believe that these are mostly not used for work, but rather as ego-boosting commuter vehicles.

• Mtrad@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I was pushing back against the idea that the vehicles shouldn’t exist and nobody should have them. I definitely seen some people who probably don’t need it.

From my personal anecdotal experience, I know someone who lives out of a trailer and they are mobile all the time. It doesn’t make sense to have a truck + sedan because they move around all the time. So instead they have one of those big trucks to lug a home trailer that they can drop off and then go do anything else they need in the area. Very specific niche case, probably would be ridiculed here if seen driving on the streets.