• jballs@sh.itjust.worksOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 days ago

I don’t know if I’ve ever actually gotten a melee kill. Does the new armor help? Is it viable to just start punching stuff?

• Cosmonaut_Collin@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 days ago

It’s always viable to punch stuff. You don’t want to waste your bullets when they can be used later to defend democracy.

• tekeous@usenet.lol
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 days ago

Oh I do it out of rage. When my guns empty and the bug still isn’t dead, it’s gonna contend with these knuckles of freedom 🦅👊.

Plus it saves bullets that could otherwise be used for more democratic purposes.

• marine_mustang@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 days ago

You guys are getting to the post-mission screen? I’m 0/2 today, disconnect and crash. Both times near the end of Suicide missions. Over an hour, down the toilet.

• JustEnoughDucks@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 days ago

Tons and tons of bugs today, multiple people got stuck in the air when coming down. Super samples unable to be picked up, people glitching into the floor, objectives bugged so only 1 person could activate them.

Luckily one of those glitches caused me to get a double bile titan kill with 1 orbital railcannon lol

• Mokopa@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 days ago

You still get all the xp and samples etc no? It happens to me and I wasn’t getting annoyed because I thought I still got everything??

• chemslayer@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 days ago

When they see my “Shots Fires” and “Shots Hit” stats 😎😳 (the sickle has crazy rate of fire) (my kills are in the bucket)

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 days ago

I could’ve gone with “ladies” but that seemed a bit creepy. I suppose it’s gonna be sleazy no matter how it’s worded, due to the context.

• iAmTheTot@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        8 days ago

The women in my life prefer to be called women. Girls implies young, which is creepy for a man to say, to a lot of women. Ladies would have been much less creepy than girls, imho.

• unipadfox@pawb.social
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 days ago

Disagree. “Girls” is used colloquially all the time, whereas (broadly speaking) “ladies” is a relatively more formal term which specifically refers to older women.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 days ago

While I appreciate the thought you’ve put into this, I’ll share the scant details on what went through my head when creating this meme:

I opened up my meme app, clicked a template and this came up:

I then thought, “haha that’d be pretty funny if I changed it to something about kills in Helldivers.” Then I clicked backspace a few times, wrote a few words, and here we are.

• iAmTheTot@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            8 days ago

I mean, I’m not sure what thought you think I put into it other than lived experience. I encourage you to ask the women in your life their opinions.