• RickRussell_CA@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 days ago

Did we need Fauci to tell us that? Trump went on record to the press, several times, claiming that COVID would fade away in a few months. He was wrong, of course, and winter 2020-21 was one of the deadliest periods.

• Ech@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 days ago

Dumbass literally tried to make it happen when he demanded testing slow down.

“When you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people, you’re going to find more cases,” Trump said. “So I said to my people, ‘Slow the testing down, please.’ They test and they test.”

• BruceTwarzen@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 days ago

You know what is insane to me? Trump, one of the shittiest human beings ever produced, could’ve been a okay to good president. All he needed was telling people it’s okay to wear a mask and the vaccine is cool. He instantly had all the weirdo conservatives on his side and everyone else would’ve been like: well even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Nightwingdragon@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 days ago

Trump, one of the shittiest human beings ever produced, could’ve been a okay to good president.

I have said before and I will say again: We all are very lucky that Trump is too stupid to be able to get out of his own way. Had Trump just said “Look, it’s going to be OK. Like I always say, I only take on the best people, and the best people are going to guide us through the pandemic” and just listened to people who actually knew what the fuck they were talking about, he could have easily won the 2020 election in a landslide that would have been up there with the Regan/Mondale landslide in the 1980s, and Biden would have been a footnote at most.

But Trump had to let his ego take control, as it does literally every time, which means that he always must take the absolutely worst possible option available in any given situation, and he has mastered the art of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

• sudo42@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 days ago

W as well. On 9/12/2001 the world was falling over itself to (at least act like it) support the US. A normal person would have been able to take that support on a silver platter and make something of it.

Instead he decided1 that he wanted to invade a country totally unrelated to the attacks.

1 Of course we now know W had the intellectual capacity of a child and it was likely his sidekick that pushed the Iraq narrative.

• Fedizen@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          7 days ago

In many ways Trump is just like Hillary Clinton squared. He’s more entertaining but they both cannot help but just constantly listen to the most incompetent advisor they can find.

• RickRussell_CA@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            4 days ago

Hillary would have done a MUCH better job with the pandemic. She would have (rightly) seen it as her opportunity to make a mark of historical importance on the Presidency, and started managing the shit out of it, 8 o’clock day one.

• barsquid@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 days ago

What’s insane to me is this absolute dumbass gets handed a nonpartisan crisis during an election year and he not only fumbles (hard) but also turns it into a wedge issue. He is so unbelievably unfit for office. Imagine choosing orange facepaint over a second term.

• orbitz@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 days ago

He could have been an okay President…if he was an entirely different person. Even if he did what you said he still hijacked ppe from states, answered softball questions like ‘what would you tell the American people who are scared?’ by telling the reporter he was nasty. The question and reply are probably off but should be similar enough. Pretty sure he was upset Faucci was getting more attention for awhile since Trump can never be wrong and Faucci wanted to tell the truth. I don’t think it’s possible for Trump to have come off as even okay is all.

• kamenoko@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 days ago

I dunno man, a first hand account of the decisions made during the worst pandemic in 100 years might be valuable. Oh and it’s written by the dude who did more to stop the AIDS epidemic than anyone. Yeah, I’ll have more of that and less of your 💩