How stupid do you have to be to believe that only 8% of companies have seen failed AI projects? We can’t manage this consistently with CRUD apps and people think that this number isn’t laughable? Some companies have seen benefits during the LLM craze, but not 92% of them. 34% of companies report that generative AI specifically has been assisting with strategic decision making? What the actual fuck are you talking about?

I don’t believe you. No one with a brain believes you, and if your board believes what you just wrote on the survey then they should fire you.

• Spesknight@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 days ago

I don’t fear Artificial Intelligence, I fear Administrative Idiocy. The managers are the problem.

• sugar_in_your_tea@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 days ago

Fortunately, it’s my job as your boss to convince my boss and boss’ boss that AI can’t replace you.

We had a candidate spectacularly fail an interview when they used AI and didn’t catch the incredibly obvious errors it made. I keep a few examples of that handy to defend my peeps in case my boss or boss’s boss decide AI is the way to go.

I hope your actual boss would do that for you.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 days ago

I’m so sorry.

My boss asked if I wanted to be a manager, and I said no, but I’ll take the position if offered so it doesn’t go to a non-technical person. I wish that was more common elsewhere.

Good luck sir or madame.

• bionicjoey@lemmy.ca
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              7 days ago

Well, my office recently announced that we’ll be going from 0 days mandatory in office to 3 days a week. After working fully remote for the last few years, I’ll kms before going back, so I’m on the way out anyway.

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                7 days ago

That sucks. We do 2-days in office, but that was also always the agreement, we were just temporarily remote during COVID (though almost all of us were hired during COVID). My boss tried 3-days in office due to company policy, but we hated it and went back to two.

I cannot stand orgs going back on their word without agreement from the team. I hope you find someplace better.

• bionicjoey@lemmy.ca
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  7 days ago

Thanks, I’m sure I’ll land on my feet. I have a pretty unique skillset for IT (Science HPC admin) and I’m thinking about maybe going back to school and doing a Master’s.

• Kaput@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 days ago

They’ll replace you first, so they can replace your employees… even though you are clearly right.

• CosmoNova@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 days ago

Worst part is some of them aren‘t even idiots, just selfish and reckless. They don‘t care if the company still exists in a year so as long as they can make millions driving it into the ground.