• governorkeagan@lemdro.id
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 days ago

I think Lemmy plays a part in it but also all the stuff with MS recently (and people getting tired of it).

I think most Lemmy users use Linux

I was thinking about this earlier today. I’d love to do a Lemmy wide survey to see how true this is or to what extent.

• narc0tic_bird@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 days ago

I highly doubt most do, just that the percentage of Linux users may be higher than on many other platforms.

The most used platform for Lemmy is likely still Windows or a mobile OS.

• Nibodhika@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 days ago

It’s not, I’ve been using Linux for 20 years and it’s been gradually getting more and more exposure on the main media. I think there was a huge push with Steam Machines and then another one with Proton, then every Windows screw up bumps it a little more. We’re probably going to get another bump in popularity in a short while when Windows 11 enables the new feature that will take screenshots of everything you do (credit cards, passwords, etc) and use an AI to search through them.

• governorkeagan@lemdro.id
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 days ago

I’ve definitely seen more video content of people trying Linux or moving over completely after that announcement from MS.