I’m curious what products and services everyone uses. I like trying out new services, but it seems like the big banks are pretty effective at squashing competition.

I’ll go first: Chequing - BMO Savings - Wealthsimple Investing - Questrade with Passiv Credit cards - BMO, Costco, Amazon

I have tried Brim (credit card) and Koho (kind of a chequing account), but eventually dropped them because they couldn’t effectively replace BMO.

I’m interested to know everyone’s experiences with their banks and other financial service providers.

Edit: This thread has been amazing! Thanks for all the replies!

• deltatux :mapleleaf:@mstdn.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

@MacroCyclo

Regarding Brim & KOHO:

Well real question is what BMO card you have and what you wanted out of it. If you are currently holding say the BMO Cashback World Elite MasterCard, then ya, I can see why those 2 choices can’t replace this card but if you compare it with say the Scotiabank Momentum Visa Infinite, CIBC Dividend Visa Infinite or even the MBNA Rewards World Elite MasterCard, then they can compete.

Really depends on what you’re looking for in a card…

• MacroCyclo@lemmy.caOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Yeah, I went through a lot of cards until I qualified for the world elite. At that point it beats out pretty much every other option.