link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    7 days ago

Glad you got fired. Vaccines should always be mandatory save for legitimate, doctor-validated medical exemptions.

Anti-vaxxers are fucking stupid and should either be educated properly or, if they still refuse to do their civic duty after being de-programmed of misinformation, punished. You are only allowed to participate in society if you take the necessary steps that you are morally and ethically obligated to do in order to protect it from preventable, transmissible disease. We had eradicated polio until stupid motherfuckers like yourself decided that it would be a good idea to forgo the standard polio vaccine schedule that we’ve had for decades. Now, we saw the first case in 30 years in 2022 because someone selfishly thought that their personal beliefs were more important than the health and livelihood of everyone else.

• m0darn@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 days ago

I understand your anger and agree that anti-vaxxers are stupid. I believe public health education should be part of the school system.

I also agree that it’s responsible for a society to impose reasonable restrictions on members that endanger it.

I think people do have an ethical obligation to take reasonable precautions avoid potentially exposing others to pathogens. Vaccination is an example of reasonable precaution. People have the right to bodily autonomy, do not vaccinate them against their wishes.

I do not support the firing of workers for refusing vaccinations if they can do their job remotely. People shouldn’t have to decide between their religious beliefs and employment if their employment doesn’t bring them into contact with others. (Imo anti-vaxx is essentially a religion, this may say more about my beliefs regarding religion than about anti-vaxx sentiment).

By all means exclude the unvaccinated from places where they can be reasonably understood to endanger the public, or others that have a similar right to be there.

• StaySquared@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      7 days ago

Yeah, me too. In the end it turned out great for me and my family. Literally that job in the Bay allowed us to save even more money allowing us to buy a large property. And if all goes the way we hope, I can eject myself out of the job market and enjoy life with my fam. No more wage slave life.

Pssst… people were still getting the flu after their vaccines, after multiple vaccines. You know what the flu did to me? Literally, lost of taste. I couldn’t taste salt for about 4 days. Happened twice only, thankfully. I’ll personally take that a million times over.

Stay salty, brah.