Title says it all. I’m looking for serious electrolyte powder, drink, supplement, DIY that is GLUTEN FREE. For when water isn’t hydrating enough due to an underlying medical condition Celiac disease. I hope this is OK to post. I can easily drink 1.5 gallons a day and gain no relief from horrible dehydration. I’ll also share my water bottle soon as I can!

• jqubed@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

We’ve been trying to find something to get more electrolytes into my daughter who has POTS/dysautonomia. She didn’t like the Gatorade/Powerade classics when we first started learning about/suspecting the condition (too sweet). We’ve tried others like Liquid IV and Drip Drop but she didn’t like those because of the sugar alternatives they use (weird aftertaste). We were going to try LMNT as another recommended option but saw they use stevia and that’s also a no-go. I did notice their website lists a DIY recipe, and I suspect that might be the least expensive way to go. Annoyingly, the recipe is listed using both mass and volume measurements, but I suppose that can be dealt with/converted. If we don’t find a better option for her soon I’m starting to think we’ll just try to make our own from this recipe.

• OhVenus_Baby@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 days ago

I have tried a few DIYs even juices from fruit and honestly my go to is always body armour and I hate it simply for the plastic bottle and the cost but also drinking them as often as I need the taste gets old. Nothing else hydrates as good for me. Its horrible having to go through many powders and types to find something that works. The only sweetener that isn’t artificial comes form a plant is Stevia leaf extract its the lesser evil you might say. Its easiest on the GI tract without any lingering aftertaste that I notice. I’m looking to go full DIY with supplements and water if I have to. Anything to maintain hydration at this point product, drink, powders, IV attached at the arm on a pole lol. I have never heard of that brand. I’m going to search a bit on them. I hope you and your daughter do well. Chronic health issues are so very depleting.