About 3 or 4 years ago PayPal added the option to buy cryptocurrency, which I thought I’d try. (Dumb idea 🙄)

Part of the sign up process was glitched. I retried and clicked submit one too many times, I guess. Now I’ve been unable to use PayPal for years. They blocked me because THEIR SITE was broken, but the web page essentially accuses me of being a criminal and asks for my bank records. No way in hell.

This was just for me to pay others. I can only imagine how awful PayPal is if you are a vendor.

Fuck PayPal.

• shortwavesurfer@monero.town
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 days ago

And that’s a totally legitimate viewpoint. I am using it and helping to smooth out the edges so that when you are ready to use it, you will be able to and have the experience that you expect to have. I am willing to put up with the rough edges and difficulties now in order to make your life easier in the future.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 days ago

But why would I use Linux when Windows comes pre-installed when I buy the computer and I don’t have to use the command line? /s

I’ve been a Linux user since 2010 and wouldnt dream of using windows as a daily driver ever again. If you are capable of running Linux, you are more than capable of using crypto. Whether you choose to or not is your own decision, but you are capable of doing so.

• accideath@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 days ago

Once Linux is up and running it’s up and running. If I want to use crypto I have to go out of my way to use it for every transaction. I switched to Linux once Windows got more annoying than Linux was.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 days ago

Which just means we need to continue to simplify the interfaces for crypto. That way, when OP is locked out of their PayPal account, they will just decide to say fuck it. I will use crypto because it’s easier than dealing with getting my PayPal account back. Make using crypto simple enough that people would ask themselves why take the risk in using the legacy financial system when my money could be confiscated at any time for any reason with no explanation required.