The U.S. Government Wants To Control Online Speech to “Protect Kids”::The Kids Online Safety Act (KOSA), a bill that allows for a wide range of government penalties for online speech, could soon be passed by Congress. If that happens, the access we have to information may be forever changed. KOSA will make state prosecutors and federal bureaucrats the final arbiters…

• Bonesince1997@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I don’t hate kids, but instead those that use them as props. They don’t even want to protect them from the right things.

• Draconic NEO@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

As somebody who has been used as a prop when I was a kid or in retrospect to when I was a kid I very much agree. People who use children as props for these types of arguments are disgusting and despicable people, it is incredibly dehumanizing and demeaning to use somebody who can’t stand up for themselves as a prop to win your own stupid argument.

It’s never the kid’s fault in it though, you shouldn’t blame them personally, the people who claim to be helping them are actually hurting them by attempting to use them to further a narrative.

• SevFTW@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Except when you try to protect them from having a closed casket funeral because their bullet riddled bodies can only be identified by their sneakers