• mojofrododojo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

corruption in the ecclesiastical leadership of a spiritual organization - pedophelia no less - should implode any such org.

their whole thing is supposedly about good and evil and righteous justice for victims, if you read their texts.

instead it’s another grift. tithes and perverts.

• Sotuanduso@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 days ago

It’s not just about good vs evil. It’s about love and forgiveness. That’s not to say pedophiles should get off scot free, because it’s also wisdom - it’s very unwise to keep a pedophile in a position where they have access to kids like that.

But I digress. If the org is imploded, all the churchgoers will have to find a new church, and many won’t bother. Unless the church has serious theological issues (which just about no church would think they do,) that wouldn’t be good. Instead, it’s possible to remove the bad apple and replace them with someone else. The way my church’s denomination does it, whenever a pastor steps down, the new pastor comes from another church, which helps to make sure there isn’t lasting corruption. From what I read about this one, the new pastor is the old pastor’s son, so…

• mojofrododojo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 days ago

If the org is imploded, all the churchgoers will have to find a new church, and many won’t bother

oh’s nos. moving on.

Unless the church has serious theological issues

if their pastors are pedophiles I’d suggest it has some serious fucking theological issues.

The way my church’s denomination does it, whenever a pastor steps down, the new pastor comes from another church, which helps to make sure there isn’t lasting corruption.

displaying a bare minimum of sense at least…

From what I read about this one, the new pastor is the old pastor’s son, so…

so the grift goes on.