• HelixDab2@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

Women have been responsible for most of the domestic labor throughout history. Over the last 100 years or so, economies have changed so that women were first able to work outside of the home, then expected to work outside the home, and now need to work outside of the home. (E.g., a single-income household can’t pay the minimum bills in most places in the US.)

But doing labor outside the home means that labor can’t be done inside the home, because time is a finite resource; if you’re working 40 hours a week (plus commuting time), that’s 40 hours you don’t have for raising a family. That makes raising a family significantly more difficult.

The solution is to change the structure of the economy so that it’s entirely reasonably possible to raise a family on a single income without living in grinding poverty.

• MagicShel@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 days ago

Well first, they claim ownership over all women, then rent them out to men.

I want to say that’s just cynical sarcasm, but I’m not certain.

• HelixDab2@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 days ago

Well, TBF it’s hard to maximize profit when you’re head is in a basket in front of the guillotine, sooooooooo I guess they need to figure shit out before then?

• Colour_me_triggered@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 days ago

Billionaires are like an appendix. They don’t really do anything but as long as everything works normally no-one cares, but right now they’re causing a lot of pain and have to be removed. Society will function as normal just like your gut post appendectomy.