I have been working on building my own world, likely for 5e. I started working on the physical world and have been doing little snipets of land that I can later resize, and move around the final map until I am happy with it. I thought I could upload my own maps into inkarnate but I see no such option.

Are there any map editors that will let me do this? Even if it is just as a background bit that I can trace over. I have been using old topography maps of the area around my hometown and other places I have lived and am really liking the land masses I have and would rather not have to try and recreate them.

I am using a Mac, so I would prefer web based since most things do not get a mac release.

• fubarx@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

https://www.wonderdraft.net/

It lets you import base maps and create stylized overlays, with artifacts like terrain symbols, map legends, and icon sets (extra cost for some of those). You can even draw line routes on top.

The import process is a bit wonky. Not sure you can bring in multiple backgrounds, copy/paste is a bit random, and it’s a bit fiddly about file formats. It also sometimes would crash so important to save often, but the output is really nice. Also has a Mac version.